The Mago Vista Area Civic Association, Inc. was founded in 1953, over 60 years ago, long before most of the area’s homes were built! Since then we’ve been your eyes and ears into County affairs.
MVACA serves the Communities of Belvedere Beach, Belvedere Heights, Birchwood, Broadwater Beach, Campus Green, Canterbury Village, Capri Estates, Cedar Haven, Cherrywood, Diamond Knoll, Fernbrook, Harmony Point, Harting Farm, Jefferson Estates, Longview on the Magothy, Mago Vista, Magothy Estates, Magothy Manor, Magothy Shores, Mill Creek, Moorings on the Magothy, Schooler’s Pond, Spriggs Cove, Stoney Point, West Magothy Manor, Wexford, and Windsor Forest.
What We Do
- To enhance the beauty of our community, we maintain the Entrance Sign and the garden along Jones Station and Ruxshire Dr.
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Santa’s Ride
- We have an active Athletic Committee which sponsors basketball and soccer teams
- We represent you at monthly community Police affairs meetings
- Traffic Safety — if you have specific traffic, concerns we work with County traffic to see what can be done, with much success
- Health & Safety Issues — if you have health issues concerns we work with County Health Dept. to address and resolve the situation
- We publish a quarterly Newsletter keeping you abreast of issues that affect the quality of your life and the value of your property
To do all these things, we need your active participation. We’re asking each household to invest in the MVACA by paying the annual $10.00 membership dues. The money is used to support the quarterly newsletter, the Easter Egg Hunt, and Santa’s Ride in addition to maintaining the sign on College Parkway and various other activities.
It takes the work of many dedicated volunteers to maintain our advocacy support. We are looking for folks who would donate one evening a month, the second Thursday, to attend and voice their concerns and support our efforts.
Will you step up and help us? If so, please contact us with your name and contact info.
On behalf the Board of the MVACA, we thank you for your support. For more info call Rich at 410-975-0335.